Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

PUMPKIN ICE CREAM PIE




Adapted from the Family Fun Cookbook

Ingredients:
1.5 Quarts Vanilla Ice Cream (allow to get soupy before adding to the mix)
1 cup plain canned pumpkin
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Crust and Topping:
1 Shortbread crust or 1 graham cracker crust (you can make these or buy them)
chopped pecans

Directions:
Mix all Pie Ingredients in a large mixing bowl (they can be added in any order). Then, mix with a hand mixer for a few seconds just to be sure everything is mixed well. Pour into crust. Put in the Freezer over night. If desired, add the finely chopped nuts as a topping after about one hour of freezing.

Ingredients

Pumpkin and Spices

Mixed

Mixed with Ice Cream

Ready to Freeze

Garnished with Pecans






No comments:

Post a Comment