Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

MASHED POTATOES



Ingredients:
4 large Russet Potatoes (approximately 4 pounds)
½ cup  (1 stick) butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
Course Ground Pepper – Season to taste
Salt – Season to taste
Milk 1/8 – ¼ cup, hot

Directions:
Peel Russet Potatoes .  Cut into about 1 inch cubes.  Add to a large pot with water and place on a burner on a stove.  Turn the burner on HIGH.  Cover.
Boil until tender – about 20 minutes.
Drain water from pan – using a colander.
Beat Potatoes with a mixer (or a potato masher), add butter and cream cheese.  Beat again.  Add salt and pepper.  Add milk as needed.  Serve piping hot.

Ingredients

Cutting the Potatoes

Butter and Cream Cheese

Potatoes Boiling

Draining the Potatoes in the Colander

Mashing the Potatoes

Ready to Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment