Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

APPLE AND/OR PEACH ENCHILADAS







Enchiladas and Filling:
1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas (I use the ones that I fry myself that I buy at Costco)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I’d say 2 teaspoons cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice) Season to Taste

Spiced Caramel-like Sauce:
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Spoon about one heaping quarter cup of pie filling evenly down the center of each tortilla.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice; roll up, tucking in edges; and place seam side down in prepared dish. (I used a rectangle enamel covered stoneware dish).  Sprinkle outside of tortillas with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice also.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat to a low boil and simmer 10 minutes.  Pour sauce over Enchiladas.
Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, or until golden.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle caramel-like sauce over ice cream.

Ingredients

With Peach Pie Filling

All Wrapped Up

Sauce Cooking

Just Out of the Oven

Just Out of the Oven

With Ice  Cream


No comments:

Post a Comment