Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

PRETZEL JELLO









Ingredients:
2 2/3 cups chopped pretzels (I used a food processor to create my pretzel crumbs.  A ziplock bag and a rolling pin will work also)
1 ½ cubes (3/4 cup) melted butter
½  cup milk
¾ cup to 1 ¼  cups sugar  (I use ¾ cup extra fine baker’s sugar)
16 oz. (two 8 oz. packages) cream cheese
1 package (16 oz.) frozen strawberries, sweetened
1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream, whipped
1 large (or 2 small packages) package Strawberry Jello
1 ¾  cups pineapple juice, hot

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.  Mix pretzel crumbs with butter and press in 9” x13” baking dish.  Bake at 400 degrees F. for 10 minutes.  Let Cool.
Mix cream cheese, milk and sugar until smooth.  Spread on warm pretzels. Place in refrigerator.
Whip whipping cream. Remove 9” X 13” baking pan from the refrigerator. Spread whipping cream over cream cheese layer and place back in the refrigerator to chill.
Heat pineapple juice in the microwave.  Dissolve Jello in hot pineapple juice, add frozen strawberries and allow to partially gel.
Remove
9” X 13” baking pan from the refrigerator. Pour carefully over the whipped cream layer and allow to set in the refrigerator.
Prepare ahead for this dessert.  It is best when it has set in the refrigerator at least 8 hours.

Garnish with whipping cream and Wilton's jumbo rainbow nonpareils (if desired)
Ingredients

Pretzel Crumbs mixed with Melted Butter

Pretzel Crust

Cream Cheese, Sugar and Milk

Cream Cheese Mixture

Cream Cheese Layer

Whipping Cream

Whipped Cream Layer

Gelatin and Pineapple Juice

Frozen Strawberries Melting in Gelatin

Partially gelled Gelatin

Gelatin Layer

4 Layers of Pretzel Jello - Crust, Cream Cheese, Whipped Cream, and Jello

Set and Ready to Garnish

Garnished with Whipping Cream

Garnished with Whipping Cream and Wilton's Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils


2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm. I like how you did the pretzels, I always leave them in big chunks, but I'm going to try this next time! Thannks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To make the pretzel crumbs, I used the food processor. I have also used a ziplock bag and a rolling pin to make the crumbs before, too.

      Delete