Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Monday, October 29, 2012

CHEESE STUFFED MANICOTTI




Ingredients:
1 Package Manicotti (from Raleys, Nugget or Winnco)
Or 1 package Lasagna Noodles (boil, drain, cut in half, then spread cheese mixture onto noodles and roll up.)

Cheese Stuffing
1 (15 oz.) container Ricotta Cheese
1 Large Container Cottage Cheese ( I use low fat, small curd)
2 (2 Cup) Package Mozzarella Cheese (I use low fat)
½ of an 8 oz.  (4 oz.)container of grated Parmesan Cheese
1 bunch parsley leaves (finely chopped)

Meat Sauce:
2 pounds Hamburger Crumbled and drained
2  Jars Beritolli four cheese Marinara Sauce
Season with Garlic Powder, Italian Seasonings, etc. Fresh chopped basil, fresh minced garlic, etc.

Topping:
1 cup shredded cheddar/jack Cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Snip the leaves off the parsley and finely cut them (or use an electric food chopper)
Boil Manicotti as directed.  Drain and let cool on waxed paper.  Insert a plastic spoon in each Manicotti so that they do not stick to themselves.
In a large bowl, combine the Cheeses for the stuffing.  Add parsley and stir in.
Brown and crumble the hamburger.  Drain grease.  Add the Tomato Sauce and Season.
Put enough of the meat sauce in the bottom of a Lasagna Pan to lightly cover the bottom (so the manicotti does not stick)
Stuff the Manicotti with the cheese mixture by hand or by using a very small spoon (I use a baby spoon)…I have found that using my hands works much better.  Or, sometimes I use some kitchen shears and cut a single seam into the manicotti.  Then I spread the cheese in it and roll it up.  I place it in the 9” X 13” seam side down.
Place each manicotti in the lasagna pan over the light layer of meat sauce
Cover the manicotti with the remaining meat sauce – to be sure that the pasta is covered (otherwise it will dry out during baking)
Sprinkle the meat sauce with the cup of shredded cheddar/Jack (or whatever cheese you have)
Cover with Foil and Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until it hot all the way through.

Ingredients

Parsely

Basil

Chopped Herbs

Cheese Mixture

Adding the Basil to the Sauce

Draining Manicotti

Manicotti cooling - with plastic spoons in them.

A seam cut in these

Meat Sauce Lining Bottom of Dish

Adding Cheese Sauce to Manicotti

Rolling up the Manicotti

In the Pan ready to Cover with Sauce

Ready to Bake

Just Out of the Oven

Plated and Ready to Serve


No comments:

Post a Comment