Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES




10 pieces of Orowheat Buttermilk Bread, or your favorite bread
Grated Cheddar Jack Cheese or Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
Melted Butter
Ketchup (optional)
15 cooked Bacon Strips (optional)

Get out and plug in the griddle.  Place 5 slices of bread around a place.  Place 5 more slices on top of each.  With a pastry brush (I use a silicone one)brush melted butter on top side of 5 of the bread slices.  Place those butter side down on griddle.  Build your sandwich with desired  amount of grated cheese.  Butter remaining 5 slices.  Place butter side up on each sandwich.  Turn on Griddle to 350 degrees.  Let the cheese melt and  lightly brown on each side of bread.  Serve piping hot.    Makes 5 sandwiches

Optional – Dip into ketchup.

Variation:  place 2 bacon strips between slices of bread for a cheesy bacon sandwich.
Ingredients

Melted Butter and Bread Slices

Brushing Butter on Bread

Building Sandwiches on Grill

Grilling and Toasted

Ready to Eat


No comments:

Post a Comment