Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

FRIED RICE FOR THE PICKY DINER



Ingredients:
2 cups Brown Rice
5 - 10 strips Bacon (crumbled)
1 pack Green Onion (chopped)
3 eggs
Garlic Herb Mrs. Dash (a few dashes – season to taste)
Pepper (I use Rainbow Peppercorns from Trader Joe’s – season to taste)
(cooked frozen peas, optional)

Directions:
Cook brown rice as directed.  Microwave bacon until really crunchy.  Crumble bacon (I use the electric food chopper).  Chop Green Onion (I use the electric food chopper).
In a large sauteuse pan, brown rice.  Add crumbled bacon.  Add eggs and immediately scramble and stir.  Fry until eggs are cooked.  Season with pepper and Mrs. Dash.  Add green onion.  Stir in peas, if desired.  Serve very warm.   

Ingredients

Crumbled Bacon in Food Chopper

Frying Rice

Crumbled Bacon in Rice

Eggs Added


Stirring it all together

One with Peas, One without

No Peas

With Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment