Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Monday, October 22, 2012

DIXIE FRUIT SALAD



Ingredients:
1 cup pineapple  cut into Tidbits (bite sized pieces)
½  - 1 cup Pomegranate arils
1 large apple peeled and chopped into tidbits
1 cup Whipping cream (whipped)
½ cup chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds  (optional)
a handful of fruit flavored marshmallows - optional

Directions:
Mix everything together just before serving.  Serves 4

Tip: to get the pomegranate arils, cut off the ends of the pomegranate, get a bowl of water, score the pomegranate, put the pomegranate in water, then remove the seeds in the water, the pith will rise to the top.  Carefully drain the water, then retrieve the pomegranate arils.

Ingredients

Cut Pomegranate

Peeling Pomegranate in Water

Ready to Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment