(My recipe, Tamara Lichfield) 8 inch cheesecake.
1 1/2 cup crushed chocolate graham cracker
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
7 tablespoon unsalted butter(melted)
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar.
2. Add melted butter and blend until combined.
3. Press into pan. Set aside.
(or just use a premade chocolate wafer crust and ¼ cup melted butter – put in 9 inch springform pan crumble, add melted butter and press into with a fork pan)
1 packet gelatin
½ cup water
2 ¼ cups heavy cream
¼ cup sour cream
1 pound cream cheese, softened (2 8 oz. packages)
2/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons malted milk powder
¾ cups chocolate malted milk balls, crushed
12 or so malted milk balls for garnish
1.Beat heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
2. In small saucepan, combine gelatin and water; let stand 1 minute. Add sugar; stir over medium heat until mixture is hot and gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and malted milk powder until creamy. Gradually add, gelatin mixture , and whipping cream. Beat until smooth.
4. Gently fold in malted milk balls.
5 .Fill chosen pan (spring form pan) with a slight mound at the center, as the cheesecake will become slightly sunken at the center.
6 .Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best results. Freeze if desired.
7 .Remove from refrigerator and smooth top to level with edges. Serve with whipping cream and garnish with chocolate malted milk balls.