Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Friday, October 26, 2012

ORANGE WHEEL & COCONUT SALAD




Ingredients:
4 large oranges, peeled and cut into wheels
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons cup coconut, toasted if desired
Whipping cream, whipped or cool whip to garnish
Raspberry extract, optional
Maraschino cherries
A few drops red food coloring for whipping cream, optional

Directions:
Peel the Oranges and slice into wheels. Whip the whipping cream and add a few drops of raspberry extract – and a drop or two of red food coloring.  Place orange slices nicely on four salad plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Sprinkle with coconut.  Garnish each salad  with red whipping cream and a maraschino cherry.

Makes 4 plates of salad.

Ingredients

Peeled Orange

Orange sliced into Wheels

Oranges arranged on a salad plate

Topped with Powdered Sugar

Topped with Coconut and Powdered Sugar

Red, Raspberry Whipping Cream

Garnished with Whipping Cream


Garnished with Whipping Cream and Maraschino Cherry


No comments:

Post a Comment