Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

BAKING A SPIRAL HAM - SIMPLE INFO



Obtain/Purchase a Spiral Ham with glaze packet from Costco or Sam’s Club (a honey ham or applewood smoked ham)

Line the roasting pan liberally with aluminum foil.  Place meat side down on Roasting Pan.  Cover ham completely with aluminum foil
Bake for approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours at 325 degrees F (approximately 10 minutes per pound) until the ham is hot in the center.
Make the packet of glaze as directed (usually adding orange juice, apple juice or water).
Remove the ham from the oven.
Brush the glaze on the ham and between slices. 
Place in the oven and bake uncovered at 425 degrees F for approximately 10 – 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and slice.  Place slices on a platter and serve.  Makes great sandwiches, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment