Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

CHEESE QUESIDILLAS (with SNOWFLAKE VARIATION)



Ingredients:
2 Flour Tortillas (I use the ones that look like pie crusts, then I cook them in a skillet)
Grated Cheese (your favorite)  I use cheddar, mozzarella and Monterey Jack

Directions:
If you have the pie crust like tortillas, cook your tortillas, turning when the bubbles appear.  Cook in a sauteusse pan until the tortilla is no longer doughy.

Sprinkle grated cheese on one side of a tortilla.  Cover the cheese with the other tortilla.  Cook in a medium high skillet a few minutes on each side until the cheese is melted (I like to press down on the tortilla while the quesadilla is cooking).  Using Kitchen shears or a sharp pizza wheel, cut the quesadilla into wedges.  Serve and enjoy.
Ingredients

In the Frying Pan

Starting to Get Bubbles, Almost Ready to Turn

Ready to Turn

Cheese Layer

Covered with Top and Ready to flip

Ready to Serve

Yum

Variation:  Make snowflake quesadillas by folding on and cutting little shapes out of the tortilla at the seems (just like you would make a paper snowflake).  Use an uncut tortilla as the bottom of your quesadilla, sprinkle with cheese and place the “snowflake” on top.  Cook as usual.  Serve and enjoy.  (originally found on Pinterest, from a Martha Steward website)
Snowflake Variation
Folded and Ready to make snowflake

Snowflake Tortilla

Snowflake Tortilla Cooking

Ready to make quesidilla

Cheese 

Ready to Cook in Skillet

Just Out of the Skillet

Cut in Wedges and Ready to Eat


No comments:

Post a Comment