Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

STRAWBERRY BUTTER


INGREDIENTS:
¾ cup fresh strawberries, hulled
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (brought to room temperature and cubed – DO NOT LET GET TOO SOFT)
4 tablespoons sugar (I used extra fine baker’s sugar)
1 teaspoon powdered vanilla (Cook’s Vanilla Powder)
1/8 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS:
In a food processor, electric food chopper or blender, gently puree strawberries.  Add the sugar and mix into the puree. In a food processor or blender, cream the butter.  Add the salt and vanilla powder and mix into the creamed butter.  Slowly add the pureed strawberries to the creamed butter.  Mix until well blended. Remove from food processor and put into a tightly covered container.    If you would like to make it look elegant, pipe it into your serving container.  Store in the refrigerator…but let it soften for about 30 minutes before serving.  Serve with biscuits, bread, toast, Easy Sweet Rolls and Bread Dough , or anything else that sounds divine.


Makes about 1 ¼ cups strawberry butter

Ingredients

Strawberries

Strawberries - Puree

Butter, ready to cream

Creamed Butter

Mixing Puree In

Ready to put in a Ramekin

Ready to Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment