Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Friday, November 2, 2012

BASIC BAKED ACORN SQUASH



Ingredients:
1 Acorn Squash
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Butter
Salt and Pepper, optional

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cut the squash in half (I use cutting gloves to protect my hands).  With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and “strings” until the inside of the squash is smooth.  Place in a baking dish with just a little water at the bottom.  Cover with foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour and a half, or until the squash is tender.  Remove from oven.  Cut in half again (so you have four pieces) and serve with butter and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.

Ingredients

Scooping the Seeds Out

Spoon to Scoop the Seeds Out

Seeds Out and Smooth

Ready to Bake

Just Out of the Oven

Cut in Half again and with a pat of butter

With Butter and Pumpkin Pie Spice


No comments:

Post a Comment