Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

FROZEN GRASSHOPPER MINT CHEESECAKE





Ingredients:
1 (10 oz.) package Grasshopper Mint Cookies (put through the food processor)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon mint (not peppermint) extract
2 teaspoons chocolate extract, optional
Green food coloring (add drops as desired) – optional
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
Andes Mints, crushed (for garnish)

Directions:
Line a 9-inch round cake or springform pan with parchment paper or foil
Combine grasshopper mint cookie crumbs and melted butter in the springform pan.  
Mix well.  Press crumbs firmly onto the bottom and part way up the sides of the pan.  

Whip the Heavy Whipping Cream.

Chill crust. Add the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk into a large mixing bowl. 

Beat until smooth.  


Stir in mint extract and chocolate extract.  Mix in green food coloring, optional.  

Fold in whipped cream. 

 Pour filling into pan. 

Garnish with crushed Andes Mints.  

Gently press the Andes Mint crumbles into cheesecake.  
Cover (I use those shower cap looking plastic covers); freeze 6 hours or until firm.  Serve with fudge topping, chocolate ice cream and chocolate whipping cream (see recipe), if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment