Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

STREUSEL CRUMBLE FOR PEACH DESSERTS




Ingredients:
1 cup butter, cubed
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup extra fine baker’s sugar (or granulated sugar)
¾ cup flour
1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or ¾ teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon nutmeg)

½ teaspoon almond extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Mix sugars, flour and apple pie spice together in a medium sized mixing bowl.  With a fork or pastry blender, cut  in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.  Add almond and mix well.  Transfer to a 9 X 9 inch baking pan.  In the preheated oven, bake for approximately 20 minutes, stirring every 8 minutes or so.  Bake until it is light brown and crumbles have been formed.  (When you stir it, it creates the crumbles).

Serve with peach desserts such as peach cobbler, peach pie, or white chocolate peach pie swirl cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment