Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

CHOCOLATE DRIZZLED BAKED CHURROS





Ingredients:
1 sheet frozen pastry puff, thawed (I used Pepperidge Farm brand)
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ cup melted butter
½ cup chocolate chips, melted
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Unfold the frozen puff pastry and cut into 1 inch wide strips.  Bake in the preheated oven for 8 – 10 minutes.  Mix together sugar and cinnamon.  Put chocolate chips and cream into a heavy saucepan and cook on low heat – constantly stirring.  When chocolate is mostly melted remove from heat.  Put half of the cinnamon and sugar mixture into a shallow pan (I used a cookie sheet).  When the pastry is done baking, brush one stick at a time with melted butter, then roll it into the sugar and cinnamon.  Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture to coat thoroughly.  Once all the sticks have been coated in the cinnamon mixture, place on a tray, then drizzle with the melted chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment