Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

STRAWBERRY & CHOCOLATE NACHOS



Ingredients: (all ingredients are approximate)
3 Tortillas (I use the ones that are refrigerated and that I fry up myself)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
¼ cup butter, melted
1 cup strawberries, diced*
¼ cup granulated sugar, optional
½ cup milk chocolate chips
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 cup whipping cream, whipped (for garnish)

Directions:
Mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Set mixture aside. Dice the strawberries and let them sit (macerate) in ¼ cup sugar.  Set strawberries aside. If you are using the homemade tortillas or the ones you fry yourself, fry your tortillas.  Place tortillas on a baking sheet and brush them with the melted butter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Using a Fork, puncture the tortillas to keep them from bubbling during baking. Bake in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 8 – 10 minutes  or until the edges begin to turn up.  Whip the Whipping Cream. Melt the chocolate and 3 tablespoons whipping cream in a heavy saucepan or double boiler on low heat, stirring constantly.  When the chocolate is nearly melted, remove from heat and continue stirring (it will finish melting on its own).  Set chocolate aside. When the tortillas are baked, remove from the oven and carefully cut into wedges.  Put the strawberries on the chips, drizzle with chocolate and garnish with whipping cream.  Enjoy!

*Raspberries could be substituted for the strawberries


No comments:

Post a Comment