Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

ULTIMATE NUTELLA FUDGESICLES







Ingredients:
½ cup Nutella hazelnut spread
1 1/2 cups Dark Chocolate Almond Milk (chocolate  soy milk or chocolate milk may be substituted)
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons sweetened ground cocoa (or hot chocolate powder may be substituted)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
5 Plastic cups
5 Plastic spoons
5 aluminum foil rectangles  approximately 3 ½”  X 5”

(makes approximately 5 half cup servings)

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Nutella and the whipping cream.  Using a blender, mix until combined.  Add the chocolate milk and the sweetened ground cocoa and mix until combined.  If desired, add 1 teaspoon cinnamon for an extra flavorful treat.  Pour into the plastic cups.  Put in the plastic spoons for the handles and place the aluminum foil rectangles on top of the cups by gently pushing the foil over the spoon handles.  (this will help ensure that the spoon stays in the middle of the fudgesicle) *of course you may use the pre-maid plastic popsicle molds if you have them.  Place cup in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze overnight. (I like the freezer bags because you can label them and if the cups were to tip over, the bag would contain the mess.)

** If you don’t have chocolate milk of any kind, you can use milk and then extra sweetened ground cocoa. 
   These can be made without the whipping cream, sweetened ground cocoa or cinnamon, but that is why these are the “Ultimate Nutella Fudgesicles”.

Ingredients

Nutella and Whipping Cream

All Mixed In - with Air Bubbles

Top View

Side View

Foil Rectangles

Side View with Foil and Spoons

Side View with Foil

Top View with Foil and Spoons

Ready for the Freezer





2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to try these! I'm going to use Chocolate Almond Milk and substitute Cool Whip for the heavy whipping cream to make it lactose friendly for my hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trista, Chocolate Almond Milk worked really well. That is what I used because I need something that is fairly lactose friendly, too. (the 3 tablespoons of whipping cream don't bother me, but cool whip should work just fine to substitute).

    Did you see my "Frosty Double Chocolate Dessert" recipe, it is this recipe's cousin and it is very similar. I am sure that Cool Whip could be substituted for the whipping cream in that one, too. Let me know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete