Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

PEANUTTY OATMEAL CANDY BARS



Adapted from: Page 43-44 of Taste of Home “Brownies and Bars”
Yields 2 dozen
3 cups quick- cooking oats (or 3 ¼ cups old fashioned oats)
½  packed brown sugar (original called for 1 cup)
2/3 cup butter, melted
½ cup plus 2/3 cup peanut butter, divided
½ cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package (11 ounces) peanut butter chips (original called for butterscotch chips)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped salted peanuts
½ cup Reese’s Pieces – optional topping

1.       In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, ½ cup peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla.  Press into a greased 13 – inch. X 9-inch baking pan.  Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly around the edges.
2.       In a microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter chip and chocolate chips; stir until smooth.  Sir in peanuts and remaining peanut butter; spread over the oat mixture.  Optional – top with Reese’s Pieces.  Cool for 10 minutes; chill until set.



No comments:

Post a Comment