Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Toasted Almond Frozen Yogurt





Take your taste buds on a tantalizing toasted almond adventure trip.  Creamy and delicious.


Ingredients:
1 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
1 cup vanilla non fat Greek yogurt
¼ teaspoon almond extract, optional
1 ½ cups original almond milk (in the dairy case)
¾ cup sugar (I used extra fine baker’s sugar)
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
½ to ¾ cup toasted sliced almonds*

Directions:
In a blender, blend all of the ingredients (except the toasted almonds) just for about 30 seconds. Chill the blender mixture in the fridge for about an hour or so. Then churn according to your ice cream maker’s manufacturer’s instructions.  Just before you remove the yogurt from the ice cream machine add the toasted almonds and be sure they stir in. Freeze for 3 hours before serving.  Top with your favorite topping.  My favorite is caramel topping, especially on toasted almond.

*To Toast Almonds, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place sliced almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees F. for approximately 3 minutes.  Stir, then cook for approximately 1 minute more.  For a burnt almond flavor, toast the almonds about 1 minute longer.  Remove from oven and let cool completely (you may freeze them if you wish).

Ingredients

Just finished churning


Just out of the freezer

Serving Time

with Fresh Strawberries and Chocolate Syrup

With Caramel Sauce

Toasted Trio


No comments:

Post a Comment