Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

CREAMY COCONUT & VANILLA FROZEN YOGURT

Creamy Coconut & Vanilla Frozen Yogurt with a Trio of Toppings

2 cups non fat vanilla Greek yogurt
1 ¾ cup vanilla coconut milk (in the dairy case)
¾ cup sugar (I used extra fine baker’s sugar)
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup coconut flakes

In a blender, blend all of the ingredients (except coconut flakes) just for about 30 seconds. Chill the blender mixture in the fridge for about an hour or so. Then churn according to your ice cream maker’s manufacturer’s instructions.  Just before you remove the yogurt from the ice cream machine add the coconut flakes and be sure it stirs in. Freeze for 3 hours before servings.

For a pina/colada treat serve with fresh pineapple or pineapple ice cream topping.
For a refreshing berry delight, serve with berry freezer jam
Just for fun, serve with chocolate fudge or chocolate syrup
Just out of the ice cream machine and ready for the freezer


Pineapple Ice Cream Topping
Berry Freezer Jam Topping

Chocolate Syrup Topping


No comments:

Post a Comment