Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

CHEESE WEDGE BISCUITS – adapted from Family Fun Cookbook, page 112



2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
5 tablespoons butter
1 cup grated cheddar or cheddar/jack cheese blend
2/3 cup milk
½ cup grated cheddar cheese


Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. 
Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a food processor or electric mixer. 
Add the butter in chunks and blend until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add 1 cup grated cheddar or cheddar/jack blend.
Add the milk and mix until just combined. 
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface (a pastry mat works great) and pat into a round, about 1/3 inch thick.
 Place the round in a 9 – inch pie plate and cut into wedges. 
Cover evenly with the cheese and bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly toasted on the top.  If the cheese has not browned, broil for 1 minute.  Makes 6 large wedges.


No comments:

Post a Comment