Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

BEEF STEW - and a BARLEY recipe

BEEF STEW


BEEF STEW WITH BARLEY

1 package Beef for Stew
2 peeled potatoes
1 peeled and quartered onion
1 small package mini peeled carrots

Seasoning:
Wylers Beef Granules
Onion and Herb Mrs. Dash
Crushed Rosemary
All Purpose Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

Brown Beef in sauté pan.Line a large crock pot with a slow cooker by Reynolds.  In the crock pot, first put beef in.  Season with Wylers Beef Granules.  Put in onion quarters, potatoes and carrots.  Add enough water to cover the veggies.  Add seasoning.  Cook for approximately 8 hours or until the meat is cooked and the veggies are soft.

To make barley with the stew, rinse one cup barley.  Add barley to a rice cooker and add 2 cups water.  Season with ½ tablespoon butter and a pinch of garlic powder.  You may also cook it on the range top on a sauce pan stirring occasionally.  It takes about 30 minutes to cook.





No comments:

Post a Comment