Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

CARAMEL PEACH PIE (FRESH PEACH PIE VARIATION)




2 pie crusts (a top and a bottom)
3 cups peaches, sliced and peeled
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 - 1/2 cup extra fine baking sugar
5 tablespoons flour (or tapioca flour - Instant tapioca may be put through the food processor to make the flour)
5 tablespoons caramel
2 tablespoons butter

Put the pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan.  With a fork, poke the pie crust in multiple places to avoid crust bubbles. (tip – as you are peeling and slicing your peaches, put the lemon juice in the bowl that you are placing the peaches in and stir as you add more slices)  Add all the ingredients, except butter, into a large bowl and mix together.   Pour filling into the crust lined pie pan.  Dot  the top of the filling with butter.  Cover with top layer of crust, adding some air vents.  Cook on 400 for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.










No comments:

Post a Comment