Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

PISTACHIO ALMOND ICE CREAM (HOMEMADE)



Ingredients:
1 cup Half and Half, well chilled
¾ cup sugar

2 cups Heavy Cream, well chilled
¼ teaspoon Pistachio Flavor  (LORANN OILS)
¾ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum where to buy xanthan gum? click here
Green Food Coloring, optional
¼ cup shelled pistachios, toasted**
¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted**

Directions:
In a Large bowl, Mix Half and Half with ¾ cup sugar.  Mix until sugar dissolves (about 1 – 2 minutes).    Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until thick and creamy.  Pour into your ice cream maker’s freezer bowl and let operate according to manufacturer’s directions.  Meanwhile, place the container you will be freezing your ice cream in into the freezer to chill. About 5 minutes before the ice cream is finished churning, add the toasted nuts.   Once the ice cream has finished churning, pour ice cream in your prepared container and freeze for 5-8 hours.  Enjoy.


**To toast the nuts, put them on a baking sheet in a single layer.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 3 minutes.  Stir, then bake for 2 more minutes or until roasted.




No comments:

Post a Comment