Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

LIME POUND CAKE




INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup shortening
3 cups white sugar
5 eggs
1 ½ teaspoons lime flavoring Lorann Oils
1 ¼ cups milk
3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
¼ teaspoon lime zest
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour Bundt Pan.  Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.  Set aside. 
Cream butter, shortening and sugar.  Beat in Eggs one at a time – then stir in flavoring.  Add lime zest.  Beat in Flour alternately with milk.  Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 80 – 90 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.  Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.  Cool Completely.
Creamed Butter and Sugar

Adding Egg One at a Time

All Mixed

All mixed with Green

Ready to Bake

Just Out of the Oven
Glazed

1 comment: