Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

PINEAPPLE POUND CAKE




INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup shortening
3 cups white sugar
5 eggs
1 teaspoon pineapple flavoring Lorann Oils
1 ¼ cups milk
3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Yellow food coloring, optional

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour Bundt Pan.  Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.  Set aside. 
Cream butter, shortening and sugar.  Beat in Eggs one at a time – then stir in flavoring and optional coloring.  Beat in Flour alternately with milk.  Pour into prepared pan.

Bake 80 – 90 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.  Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.  Cool Completely.  Top with Pineapple Ice Cream Topping.  Sprinkle shredded coconut on top of the pineapple topping, if desired.

Creamed Butter and Sugar

Adding Egg One at a Time

All Mixed

Ready to Bake
Pineapple and Coconut



No comments:

Post a Comment