Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

ORANGE STREUSEL QUICK BREAD


Ingredients (Bread):
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon orange oil (http://lorannoils.com/)
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup oil
Zest from 1 orange
2 eggs
2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
1 drop red food coloring, optional

Ingredients (Streusel Topping):
6 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon orange oil (http://lorannoils.com/)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour a 9X5 loaf pan.  In large bowl, combine all bread ingredients; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.  Pour batter into greased and floured pan.

In a small bowl, combine streusel ingredients until crumbly.  Sprinkle over batter; swirl to marble batter and streusel. 


Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan.  Cool completely.  Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment