Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

SLOW COOKER POT ROAST/ POT ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES



Ingredients:
1 Chuck Roast, preferably bone in
2 large onions, peeled and quartered
½ cup water
1 teaspoon Wyler’s Beef Granules
4 garlic cloves, minced
Meat Seasoning – to taste (I used Bill Baron’s Savory Secrets Roast Meat Seasoning Secret #1)
Garlic Pepper – to taste (I used Bill Baron’s Savory Secrets Garlic & Pepper Secret #6)
Cajun Jerk Seasoning – to taste
Cracked Pepper – to taste
Onion Herb Mrs. Dash - to taste
You may add carrots, celery, potatoes and other veggies, just know that they will add more juices to your pot roast.

Directions:
Line a slow cooker with a slow cooker liner.
Place  ¾ of the quartered onions on the bottom of the slow cooker.  Dissolve Beef granules in ½ cup water.   Add ½ cup water and beef granules to the slow cooker.  Place chuck roast on top of the bed of onions.  Liberally Sprinkle seasoning on roast…I like to make sure all parts of the roast have at least some seasoning.  Place the remaining quartered onions and the minced garlic on top of the roast.  Turn your slow cooker on LOW and cook for 6 – 8 hours or until cooked through and extremely tender. 


POT ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES:  Sandwich buns or rolls, ketchup and/or BBQ sauce; onion from the slow cooker pot.  Toast your bun, if desired, spread on your sauce, layer with pot roast, add some onion.  Enjoy.
  
Ingredients
Spices


Bed of Onions

Beef on Bed of Onions

Beef Granules dissolved in 1/2 cup water

Seasoned Beef over onions

Roast covered in onions and minced garlic, ready to cook
Cooking after 2 hours

Cooking after 4 hours

Plattered

Open Face Sandwich

POT ROAST BEEF SANDWICH

No comments:

Post a Comment