Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Friday, February 28, 2014

BROCCOLI BEEF SKILLET FRY


Ingredients:
1 pound stir fry beef (or steak cut into strips)
Coarse ground peppercorns, to taste
4 cups broccoli, steamed 4 minutes in the microwave
Sea salt, to taste
½ of an onion, finely chopped
4 cups mini sweet bell peppers
1 Tablespoon butter
½ cup slivered toasted* almonds
White Rice or Brown Rice (I use READY RICE – 1 minute in the microwave)

Directions:
Wash and chop the sweet bell peppers.  Peel and chop onion (I use an electric food chopper).  In a sautuesse pan, melt butter.  Add onion and bell pepper and sauté.  Microwave or steam rice.  Add the steak strips and generously season with cracked peppercorns (I use the peppercorn medley).  Cook on medium heat until the steak is done (if the steak has extra water, I use a paper towel and carefully soak up the excess – without removing any onion and seasoning). Season broccoli with sea salt.  Steam broccoli in microwave for 4 minutes.  Add the steamed broccoli and toasted almonds and stir just until combined.   Serve on a bed of rice (I like brown rice, my husband likes white rice..so in the picture I mixed the two rices)

*to toast slivered almonds:  Place almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet.  Bake in a preheated oven on 375 degrees F for 3 minutes, stir, then bake 1 more minute.  Remove from oven.

Ingredients

Sauteing Onions and Peppers

Adding Beef

Cooking Beef

Adding Broccoli

Adding Toasted Almonds

Ready to Serve on Rice

Plated

No comments:

Post a Comment