Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

CHEESE STUFFED MANICOTTI for the SLOW COOKER





Ingredients:
1 Package Manicotti (from Raleys, Nugget or Winnco)

Cheese Stuffing
1 (15 oz.) container Ricotta Cheese
1(16 oz.) Container Cottage Cheese ( I use low fat, small curd)
2 (2 Cup) Package Mozzarella Cheese (I use low fat)
½ of an 8 oz.  (4 oz.) container of grated Parmesan Cheese
1 bunch parsley leaves (washed and cut)

Meat Sauce:
1 pound Hamburger Crumbled and drained
2  Jars Beritolli five cheese Marinara Sauce
Season with Garlic Powder, Italian Seasonings, etc. Fresh chopped basil, fresh minced garlic, etc.

Topping:
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Line  slow cooker liner with slow cooker liners.
Snip the leaves off the parsley and cut them
In a large bowl, combine the Cheeses for the stuffing.  Add parsley and stir in.
Boil Manicotti for 5 minutes (or about ½ the time it suggests on the box).  Drain and let cool on waxed paper.
Brown and crumble the hamburger.  Drain grease.  Add the Tomato Sauce and Season.
Put enough of the meat sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker to lightly cover the bottom (so the manicotti does not stick)
Stuff the Manicotti with the cheese mixture by hand or by using a very small spoon (I use a baby spoon)…I have found that using my hands works much better.  Or, sometimes I use some kitchen shears and cut a single seam into the manicotti.  Then I spread the cheese in it and roll it up.  I place it in the slow cooker seam side down.
Place each manicotti in the lasagna pan over the light layer of meat sauce
Cover the manicotti with the remaining meat sauce – to be sure that the pasta is covered (otherwise it will dry out during baking)
Sprinkle the meat sauce with the cup of mozzarella (or whatever cheese you have).  Cover with lid.
SLOW COOK for 4 hours on LOW.
Ingredients

Draining Grease With a Paper Towel

Meat Sauce

Boiling Pasta

Cheese Mixture

Cheese Mixture with Parsley

Boiled and Drained Manicotti

Layering

First Layer

Stuffing Manicotti


Second Layer

Ready to Slow Cook

Ready to Serve



No comments:

Post a Comment