Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

STEEL CUT OATS, SLOW COOKER



Ingredients:
2 Cups Steel Cut Oats (make sure you don't have the quick cook steel cut oats)
7 – 8 Cups water (depending on how crunchy or creamy you like your oats)
1 pinch salt
¼ - ½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla powder

Toppings (all optional):
Milk
Heavy whipping cream
Pecans
Almonds
Walnuts
Dried fruit
Etc.

Directions:
Put all the ingredients in a lined slow cooker  8 hours before serving.  Turn the slow cooker on LOW  (Go to bed) Wake up to hot creamy steel cut oats.  Serve with desired toppings and mixins.


To make steel cut oats on the range top, reduce water to 3 ½ to 4 cups.  In a heavy saucepan, bring water and salt to boil.  Add still cut oats, brown sugar and vanilla power and simmer approximately 45 minutes or until desired consistency and texture.

Ingredients

Ready to Serve

With Whipping Cream and Pecans

Ready to Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment