Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

RASPBERRY PINEAPPLE JELLO SALAD (EASTER JELLO SALAD)


Add caption

Ingredients:
4 (3 oz. packages - the small box) pineapple Jello OR
2 (3 oz. packages - the small box) raspberry Jello and 2 (3 oz. packages - the small box) pineapple Jello OR
4 (3 oz. packages – the small box) raspberry Jello
1 (15 oz.)can Pineapple Tidbits / drained (keep juice)
Pineapple Juice from tidbits
1 or 2 (12 oz. packages) frozen raspberries, depending on how much fruit you want in your salad
1 (10 oz.) package mini marshmallows
1/4 cup Whipping cream, whipped
3/4 cup Sour cream

Directions:
Prepare the day before serving: To make gelatin: Pour the gelatin powder into  a very large mixing bowl.  Use the speed-set method to dissolve the gelatin.  Mix 3 cups boiling water into the gelatin.  In a separate bowl or measuring cup, Add ice to 1 cup water and 1 cup (reserved)  pineapple juice to make 2 ½  cups ( of cold liquid – total of 5 ½ cups of liquid including the boiling water).  Stir into gelatin until slightly thickened.  Remove any unmelted ice.

Add the drained pineapple and frozen raspberries.  Stir in.  Add the mini marshmallows and stir in.  The marshmallows will float to the top.  Place in the refrigerator and let set overnight.  Just before serving, remove from the refrigerator and stirAdd the whipped whipping cream and sour cream.  Place in a serving dish and add to your festive table.
Ingredients

Pineapple Tidbits and  reserved Pineapple Juice

Adding Ice and Juice

Adding Pineapple

Adding Raspberries
Ready to Set

Stirring after Setting



Adding Whipping Cream and Sour Cream

In Serving Bowl

Ready to Eat

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to talk my daughter, Kathryn, into making this for me. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete