Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SIMPLE VANILLA ICE CREAM (4 Ingredients)


Ingredients:
1 cup half and half
¾  cup sugar (I used extra fine Baker’s Sugar)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
approx. 1-3 teaspoons vanilla extract, to taste (I used vanilla powder and vanilla paste)


Directions: In a large mixing bowl with a whisk or a hand blender, mix sugar and half and half  until the sugar is dissolved (about 2 minutes).  Then mix in the whipping cream and vanilla until well blended.  Transfer to your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.  (It will take between 25 and 40 minutes to “freeze” in the electric ice cream maker).  Serve immediately as soft serve ice cream, or put in the freezer for about 3 hours to serve as more traditional ice cream.  Note, it will continue to harden the longer it is in the freezer.

Ingredients

Half and Half and Sugar

Half and Half with Sugar Dissolved

Heavy Whipping Cream


All Mixed

Mixing in the Ice Cream Freezer

Ready to Stop the Ice Cream Maker

Yum, All Done and Ready to Serve as Soft Serve Ice Cream

1 comment: