Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

WHITE CHOCOLATE ORANGE TRUFFLES



I found a recipe on Pinterest for White Chocolate Lemon Truffles, so I thought, why not try White Chocolate Orange Truffles...this  is the result and my children love them.

1 cup white chocolate (I used premium Selbourne brand white chocolate from Europe, but white chocolate chips will work)
5 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
1 tsp – 2 tsps orange extract
1 drop of red food coloring, optional
4 drops of yellow food coloring, optional
Icing sugar for dusting (I used Wilton Sprinkles – White Sparkling Sugar)

Melt chocolate, butter and cream over a double boiler, a heavy saucepan, or in a microwave. Stir until smooth.

Stir in extract and optional food coloring. Allow to cool slightly before covering with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.

With a small  melon baller or small spoon scoop out mixture and form into 1 inch balls. Toss with icing sugar to coat.

Store covered in the fridge for up to one week. Freeze for longer storage.
Makes: 24
Variation:  Coat with chocolate powder, melted milk or dark chocolate, etc.  Be creative.


Ingredients



White Chocolate

Ready to Melt

Melted

Ready to Refrigerate



No comments:

Post a Comment