Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

CHILLY CITRUS CELEBRATION PIE






This frozen dessert is perfect for a summer’s dinner party out on the deck or poolside.  It complements the many flavors of the season.  It is both tart and refreshing, perfect for the sophisticated palate.

INGREDIENTS:
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
4 tablespoons key lime juice
3 tablespoons lemon juice
 Green food coloring (optional)
1 ¾ cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
1 cup whipping cream, whipped (for garnish)
Yellow Food Coloring (optional)
Wilton’s pearlized sprinkles  - sugar pearls (for garnish)
1 shortbread crust (9 inches)

In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and lemon juice.  Mix well.  Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix in.  Add more or less food coloring depending on the desired shade and intensity of green.   

Whip 1 ¾ cup whipping cream. Fold a fourth of the whipped cream into lemon/ lime mixture; fold in remaining whipped cream.  Spoon into crust.  Cover and Freeze over night.

Add a few drops yellow food coloring to 1 cup of whipping cream.  Whip.  Refrigerate and reserve for garnish.

Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.  Garnish with the reserved whipped cream and sugar pearls.
I made this smiley face upon my son's request

ready to freeze

yellow whipping cream

ready to serve

slice

slice

No comments:

Post a Comment