Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Friday, July 20, 2012

CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT TRUFFLES




These smooth, delicious and easy to prepare morsels are perfect for any holiday gathering or just for fun anytime. 
1 cup semi sweet chocolate (I used premium Selbourne brand chocolate from Europe, but chocolate chips will work)

4 -5 Tablespoons butter (if you use premium chocolate, you only need 4 tablespoons)
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
½ - 1 tsp. peppermint extract
crushed candy canes and/or holiday sprinkles to coat truffles

Melt chocolate, butter and cream over a double boiler, a heavy saucepan, or in a microwave. Stir until smooth.  Use low heat and do not overcook

Stir in extract. Allow to cool slightly before covering with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.  (about 45 minutes in the freezer will also do the job…just be careful to check it frequently.)

With a small melon baller or small spoon, scoop out mixture and form into 1 inch balls. Toss with crushed candy canes and/or holiday sprinkles to coat.

Store covered in the fridge for up to one week. Freeze for longer storage.

Makes approximately 24 truffles.
Ingredients

Ingredients to Melt

Ready to Chill

Coatings





No comments:

Post a Comment