Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

PUDDING POPS



Who remembers Jell-O frozen pudding pops?  I used to enjoy them as a child.  I can’t find them anymore, so I decided to make some myself.  Any flavor of instant pudding may be used.  I just decided to use Cookies and Cream and also Banana Cream this time.  Who knows, next time I may try Pistachio pudding or Cheesecake pudding for the pops.  These are ridiculously simple and quick to make…just know that they have to be frozen overnight.  If you want Oreo Cookies and Cream Pudding, but can’t find it…just use a package of vanilla pudding and add about 6 crushed Oreos.

1 package any flavor instant pudding (I made two batches -Cookies and Cream and also Banana Cream )
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Popsicle molds (or plastic cups and wooden popsicle sticks or plastic spoons)


Mix pudding for 1 minute*.  Pour into popsicle molds.  Freeze overnight.  Enjoy
To remove from the molds, put under warm water for a couple of minutes, then gently pull pudding pop out of the mold.

For extra creamy and thick pudding pops, reduce the milk and heavy whipping cream to ¾ cup each.  These will be harder to get out of the molds, but they are worth the hassle because they are so rich and creamy.


*Note if you mix for the two minutes it calls for on the package, the pudding will set too quickly and it will be very hard to pour into the popsicle molds.  If this happens, use a small spoon and spoon the pudding into the molds being careful not to create any air bubbles.

Oreo Cookies and Cream

Bananas and Cream

Oreo Cookies and Cream Ingredients

Oreo Cookies and Cream ready to freeze

Bananas and Cream ingredients

Bananas and Cream ready to freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment