Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Monday, March 12, 2012

White ‘n’ Sweet Mashed Potatoes, from Taste of Home Thanksgiving Recipe Cards, Yields 6-8 Servings


This is not my recipe, but my children and I loved it.

1 ½ pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed

1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cubed

1 cup milk, warmed

¼ cup butter, cubed

1 teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

1. Place russet potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain

2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the milk, butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until potatoes reach desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment