Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Glazed Orange Carrots


Glazed Orange Carrots, based on page 57 and 58 of Taste of Home Easter Recipe Cards, Yields 6-8 Servings
This is not a new recipe, I adapted it, but I thought I would post it because my children love it so much.
2 pounds fresh carrots, sliced (or 2 pounds - 2 bags - frozen crinkle cut carrots)
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup thawed orange juice concentrate
4 tablespoons brown sugar
Cornstarch if needed
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, if desired
If using fresh carrots -
1. Place in 1 inch of water in a saucepan; add sliced carrots. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain
2. Melt butter in large skillet; stir in orange juice concentrate and brown sugar. Add carrots and parsley. Stir to coat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until glaze is thickened..
If using frozen carrots -
1. Place carrots in a microwave safe bowl and add about 1 cup water. Cover and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Melt butter in large skillet; stir in orange juice concentrate and brown sugar. Add carrots and parsley. Stir to coat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until glaze is thickened. Add a little cornstarch to achieve desired thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment