Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

PEANUT BUTTERFINGER OREO ICE CREAM (HOME-MADE)



Ingredients:
1 cup Half and Half, well chilled
¾ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
¾ cup sugar

2 cups Heavy Cream, well chilled
¾  teaspoon Peanut Butter Flavoring  LorAnn Oils
6 crushed Reese’s Peanut Butter Oreos (or just Oreos)
6 oz. crushed Butterfinger Candy

Directions:
In a Large bowl,  in a mini blender, blend Half and Half with ¾ cup sugar and xanthan gum .  Mix until sugar dissolves (about 1 – 2 minutes).  Pour into a medium bowl and Add the heavy cream and the flavoring and mix until thick and creamy.  Pour into your ice cream maker’s freezer bowl and let operate according to manufacturer’s directions.  Meanwhile, place the container you will be freezing your ice cream in into the freezer to chill. About 5 minutes before the ice cream is done churning (about 20 minutes in) ADD the crushed Oreo pieces and the crushed Butterfinger candy. Once the ice cream has finished churning, pour ice cream in your prepared container and freeze for 5-8 hours.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment