Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

TACOS




1 pound lean ground hamburger
Chopped green onion
Grated cheese
Cous cous
Avocado
Shredded cabbage (optional)
Chopped bell peppers (optional)
No Bake Tortillas from Costco
Hard Shell Multigrain Corn Tortillas
1 cup pearled Wheat and 2 cups water, 1 tablespoon butter and garlic powder or Brown Rice

Chop green onion, chop bell peppers (I use a food chopper). Crumble and Brown 1 pound of  hamburger in a sauteuse pan.
Fry each tortilla separately in a sauteuse pan with a bit of olive oil, turning when bubbles appear on the top.  Store each tortilla in a tortilla container with a paper towel between each  one.
Cook Cous Cous as directed
Rinse pearled wheat.  Add to Rice Cooker.  Add 2 cups water, butter and garlic powder.  Cook in rice cooker until all moisture is absorbed. Or use brown rice
Slice avocado
Serve all separately.  Then create your fabulous Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment