Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Egg Free (modified from allrecipes.com)


Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar (I use extra fine baker’s sugar)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
1 (15 ounce ) can pumpkin puree
1 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour (or combination of flours – I used 2 cups self rising and 2 cups all-puprose)
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
12 – 16 ounces chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In Large bowl cream the sugar, shortening, pumpkin, cream cheese and vanilla together.  Mix until light and well combined.
3. In medium bowl mix the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.  Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.  Mix until combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet or baking stone.  Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until set.  Turn baking sheet once in the middle of cooking for even baking.   Let cookies cool on a rack.
Makes 48 cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment