Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Monday, December 10, 2012

SIMPLE TOFFEE POPCORN




Ingredients:
Popcorn:
1 cup popcorn kernels
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Toffee:
1½ cups butter (3 cubes), cubed
1½ cups sugar
4½ tablespoons water
1-2 cups peanut butter chips

Holiday Sprinkles


Directions:
Pop popcorn with the vegetable oil according to package directions.  Put in a large bowl and set aside. 

In a 2-quart heavy saucepan combine butter, sugar, and water. 


Cook over medium heat to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Clip a candy thermometer to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 290 degree F (soft-crack stage), about 15 minutes. Mixture should boil at a steady rate over the entire surface. (Adjust heat as necessary so that mixture does not boil over.)
Remove from heat; remove thermometer. 
Pour mixture quickly over popcorn. (if making Toffee Peanut Butter Popcorn, add peanut butter chips now.)  Add sprinkles.  Stir until well coated.  


Serve.  


Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment