Welcome

I am addicted to cooking and baking. I love to find and make delicious recipes. Sometimes I create my own and I post them here. Other times I find a recipe and adapt it. I have posted those recipes here as well. Enjoy.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

CARAMEL PECAN APPLE PIE with CINNAMON ROLL PIE CRUST




Ingredients:
2 Cinnamon Roll Pie Crusts (see recipe) 
6 cups apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ teaspoon apple pie spice (or pumpkin pie spice)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon Caramel
1/4 cup chopped pecan pieces
1 tablespoon butter


Directions:
Make the cinnamon roll pie crust. (tip – as you are peeling and slicing your apples, put the lemon juice in the bowl that you are placing the apples in and stir as you add more slices.  This will help prevent them from turning brown.)

Add all the ingredients, except butter, into a large bowl and mix together.

Pour filling into the crust lined pie pan.


Dot the top of the filling with butter.

Cover with top layer of crust, adding some air vents.

  Cook on 400 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Just Out of the Oven

Side View

Bottom View





No comments:

Post a Comment